Get creative for your bridal mani
As we head out of winter into spring, wedding season is about to get into full swing. And if you're getting married this year, you will know that your ring finger will be in the spotlight. We read a great article in the March 2023 issue of Weddings and Honeymoons magazine about how to get fabulous nails for the special day and we thought we would share, with their kind permission.
The At Home Mani by Charlotte Saunders
1) Preparation is key - start with trimming your nails to your desired shape, then move on to filing and buffing to create a smooth base.
2. Using a base coat will help nourish and hydrate your nails. It will also protect your nails and act like a primer, ideal for a successful 'at home' mani.
3. Pick your shade - using a nude colour is the perfect base for nails because you can build upon it with bright colours. We love Nude & Proud from Nail Kind to achieve this style.
4. Now, tidy up the edges using nail polish remover on a cotton bud to clean away any unwanted marks. Wait 5 minutes before you start designing to ensure the base is dry.
5. It’s time for nail art! This is your chance to be creative. Whether you want to incorporate bold colours, shimmer or gemstones into your look, we’ve created the ultimate designs to help inspire you. We recommend investing in a dotting tool and a fine brush to help you create a precise design. Just dip into your desired shade and let your creativity flow!
6. Finish your look with one layer of top coat, a glossy finish is our top pick for bridal nails.
7. Massage a couple of drops of cuticle oil into your nails to hydrate and add shine. This will also add an extra barrier to protect your polish for the big day.
And as with you hair and makeup, don't forget to practice before the Big Day.
We'd love to see your nail art designs so please tag us on Instagram @nailkindofficial and @weddingsandhoneymoonsmedia